Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Barbie Doughnut

After Barbie and Ken left the bakery set, I was left all alone to think about my depressed doughnut life. 
Image result for barbie baking set
I was so sad because recently I had been told by a doughman that he wouldn’t want to doughmate with me because my doughnut hole was too big. This is so stupid because once upon a time every doughman wanted a doughwoman who had a large hole; however in today’s doughsociety everyone thinks “small” holes are “king.” It’s almost as if he wanted a bagel instead of a doughnut. The beauty standards I am supposed to adhere to are strange simply because they expect me to be something that I am not. In my daily life, the laundry list of things I have to do in the morning to look “presentable” is ridiculous: put on my pink frosting, wear my pink sprinkles, and freshen my glaze.
Image result for pink donut pink sprinkle
The only reason I have to do this is to satisfy doughsociety’s standards of beauty. The rhetoric that the doughmedia is spreading about our bodies does not help either. We must always look our best or we will never be appreciated. Somehow doughJesus decreed that we must all have the perfect circular shape or we will never doughmate. 
Image result for jesus with a doughnut
Jesus enjoying my ancestor
Even in my childhood, everything I had was always pink and geared to me being a homemaker. My parents gave me pink elephant toys and pink kitchen sets expecting that I would care for their grandchildren while my husband worked at his job. I hope that in the future these gender roles and unfair beauty standards will not be imposed upon us doughwomen. Doughsociety needs to change dramatically in order to have progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment